Movie fan? Want to binge watch TV shows in style? Or perhaps you are really serious about your gaming? We’ve picked out 5 Top Movie Home Projectors under $100 for those who want that big-screen experience on a budget!
Here’s the quick link list, or you can scroll on for some advice first!
- Cibest Mini Projector
- TMY HD Projector with 100″ Projection Screen
- COOAU Portable Movie Projector
- Meer Mini Projector
- Auking Mini Projector
Things to Think About Before Buying a Home Movie Projector:
Home projectors can run up to thousands of dollars. Our list of 5 Top Home Movie Projectors under $100 are for people on a budget. As such, it is worth paying attention to some of the performance details for these projectors.
- Lumens represents the brightness of the bulb being used to project the screen. Higher lumen levels mean the projector can show a clearer picture / work at a further distance. A further projection distance means a larger screen.
- Screen size relates directly to projection distance. A smaller screen size will be brighter and clearer, although turning off the lights / watching at night can improve the picture quality at any given screen size.
- Heat & Cooling. Bulbs shining at high lumen counts generate heat. Projectors include fans to cool the bulb (to prolong the bulb life). Fans though, generate some sound, that can be annoying when you are watching a dramatic scene in a quiet movie (for example).
- Connectors. Most units have HDMI, USB, VGA inputs. Note you will need connectors (normally not included) if you want to link your smartphone or other device to the projector.
- Video quality. The older (pre UHD) high definition screen sizes were 720p and 1080p. Most projectors can support 1080p, but it is worth checking the native resolution to see if it is high enough for your needs.
- Mounts. Traditionally projectors are placed on a table, or hung from the ceiling. Ceiling mounts are obviously more permanent whereas using a table mount may require a bit more time to get the aspect and settings correct each time it is used. Check that the unit you are buying supports ceiling mounting if that is what you are aiming for.
So there you have it. Quite a lot to think about, but don’t worry, out list of Top 5 Home Movie Projectors for under $100 should help you get an idea and decide what is best for you.
So…without further ado, here are our Top 5 Projectors for under $100:
This little projector hits 7500 lumens, which is among the top level for projectors under $100. It supports up to 1080P, with a contrast ratio of 2000:1. Projection screen size ranges from 30″ to 200″ with the corresponding distance from 2.62ft to 14.8ft. The optimal image size is about 60 – 80″ though, so you will not have full clarity on that huge 200″ screen size. Like most of the units on our list, this model includes built in speakers, but also a 3.5mm jack for running the audio out to a speaker system.
- 7500 lumens, 50,000hrs bulb lifespan
- HDMI, USB, AV ports, plus AUX 3.5mm audio out.
- Light unit (only 2.25lbs)
This 7500 lumens projector packs a lot of power for the price. It can support projection between 1.5m and 6m, and it comes with a nifty fold-up 100″ projection screen. This one can go larger than that though, in fact it can display on a screen from 32″ all the way up to 220″. It comes with a remote control, and has input ports for HDMI, USB, old school VGA, and AV. There’s also the standard AUX output for headphones or connection to a sound system. The fan is pretty quiet too! With a 4000:1 contrast ratio, this is truly one of the Top Home Movie Projectors under $100 available.
- 7500 Lumens
- Native Resolution 1280 x 720 (1080p Full HD Support)
- Lamp Liftetime 60,000Hrs
- 4000:1 Contrast Ratio
This robotic-looking home movie projector is a nice unit packed with features. It can be used for front or rear projection, either on a table mount or a ceiling mount (if you really want to set this up more permanently). At 5500 lumens, it is not the most powerful projector on the list, but performs well at its levels. The given lamp lifespan is impressive at 70,000hrs, and it runs fairly quietly. Nice!
- Native Resolution 1280 x 720 (1080p Full HD Support)
- 5500 lumens, 70,000hrs lamp life.
- 1080p HD support
- USB (x2), HDMI, VGA, AV, and audio out sockets
This one is really a mini projector, so calling it a “home cinema” unit is probably a bit of a stretch. It is tiny (4.7″ x 3.4″), literally pocket sized. As such it cannot deliver the same power / screen size as the other units in our list. However, if you want something ultra-portable, that is fun, this could be the top home projector for you. Despite its small size and limited power (400 lumens), it can still project onto a screen ranging from 24inches to 80inches, although in bright conditions smaller screens will be better. Note you will need adaptors if you want to plug in smartphones etc (to HDMI or USB ports). A good fun unit, but not really for serious home movie watching!
- Ultra small unit.
- USB / HDMI / MicroSD / AV inputs
- Lamp Life 20,000hrs
This mini projector can project a screen size between 32″ (1 meter distance) and 170″ (5 metre distance). It is good for anyone who wants a smaller portable unit that still has mid-level performance. 2600 lumens gives you enough brightness for “lights out” viewing, but probably not enough for daytime viewing (especially on the biggest projection screen sizes). The lamp life is still given as a hefty 55,000hrs, and the unit supports 1080p. It comes with a remote and can be table or ceiling mounted
- Native resolution 800*480 (1080p supported)
- Contrast Ratio 2000:1
- Small unit